Are you shopping for a new heating and air conditioning system for your home? You’ve likely heard that heat pump systems can save energy, reducing your carbon footprint and lowering your utility bills. Here’s what you need to know about how heat pump systems work and their benefits.
What are heat pumps?
Despite the name, heat pumps provide both heating and cooling with a single unit. Heat pumps use energy to pull heat from the air or ground and transfer it to the home. To cool the interior rooms, this process is reversed.
Customers can choose from three types of heat pumps:
- Air-to-air heat pumps, the most common option, transfer heat from the external air into your home. They can reduce electricity use for heating by as much as 50 percent, according to the federal Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
- Water-source heat pumps use a nearby water source to the home to cool or heat air.
- Ground-source heat pumps use geothermal energy, pulling heat from the ground rather than from a water source.
The right option for you depends on the size and layout of your home, the composition of the surrounding landscape, and other factors. If you’re interested in a heat pump for your home, contact AxsomAir for a free in-home estimate.
What are the benefits of heat pump systems?
Since Louisiana is a moderate climate and rarely has freezing temperatures, the heat pump is an ideal option for many homeowners in and around Natchitoches. These systems have multiple advantages:
- Even distribution of heat throughout the home
- Less energy consumption than a traditional gas or oil furnace
- Improved dehumidification compared with standard air conditioning units
- Utility bills reduced by 30 to 40 percent, according to the OEERE
- Little required maintenance beyond monthly filter change and annual servicing
- Lifespan of up to 30 years
How can I get started?
If you’re considering heat pump installation, contact the pros at AxsomAir to schedule a free in-home estimate here in Natchitoches. We provide a full spectrum of heat pump and air conditioning options, and we offer financing with approved credit. We also have regular specials and back our work with our Ironclad Guarantees.